Foreman and 310T Technician (AJAX)
Who We Are:
We are a progressively growing Heavy Truck Dealership in Southern Ontario.
Our ideal candidate must have a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in the Heavy Truck Service Industry. He/she must be a high performer, juggle competing demands and be able to work under pressure, and bring a high degree of customer service excellence to this role. 310T license technician/apprentice is preferred.
- Handle counter service calls and customer walk-ins, coordinating workloads.
- Book appointments, opening and processing work order with accurate and complete customer information (i.e. ownership).
- Scheduling mechanics and manage workflow of repair orders in service bays, ensuring technicians and apprentices are managing work expectations and keeping within the required times per job to meet the service departments efficiency targets consistently.
- Ensuring availability of parts and timing of shipments to ensure continuity of business flow.
- Diligence in posting on-going "task" updates on work orders, increasing front-end accuracy and decreasing back-end workloads, as well as decreasing lost revenues to the service department.
- Customer "on-time" diagnosis follow up, ensuring our customers are aware of updated through the repair processes.
- Understanding warranty work, verification and service contract coverage documentation.
- Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies and labour; calculating customers payment, including deductibles.
- Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system.
- Invoicing, maintaining records and accuracy for problem solving and corrective action and all work performed in the service department.
- Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle; obtaining customer's approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns; arranging towing and temporary transportation.
- Keen eye to build our customer database, increase productivity and manage people and tasks proficiently.
- Ascertains automotive problems and service by listening to customer's description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; conducting inspections; checking vehicle maintenance records, examining service schedules.
- Hands on repairs where needed; adding expertise and experience to the shops apprentice and more junior technicians
- Continuous personal improvement and updating job knowledge by participating in external/internal educational (online/in-class) manufacturers training opportunities and trade publications.
- Enhances the organizations reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Building TQM - Total Quality Management methodologies.
- Secure key holder, maintaining security and integrity off all vehicle key check-ins
- Maintain Fuel Key for service department technicians
- 3-5 years' experience in Heavy Equipment/Automotive Service (REQUIRED)
- 310T technical/apprentice license preferred
- Standard Ministry of Transportation "G" license
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize, handling demands with tact & diplomacy
- Organized and detail oriented, with the ability to spot errors or gaps
- Work under minimum supervision, and reports to Service Manager
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Superior problem solving abilities
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.