New Truck Sales Representative - Mack Trucks (AJAX)
- Heavy Duty Truck Sales Representative will conduct inside and outside sales inquiries specializing in new Mack brand highway transport trucks and vocational applications.
- Our ideal candidate will have sales experience in the Heavy Truck and/or Automotive Service Industry. He/she must be a high performer, juggle competing demands and be able to work under pressure. They must bring a high degree of industry knowledge and customer service excellence to this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contacting prospective customers and assigned accounts within designated territory.
- Understanding and meeting customers’ specific needs while maintaining our high levels of excellence.
- Promoting and selling Heavy Duty New and Used Trucks.
- Writing sales orders, securing deposits and processing paperwork in accordance with established dealership policies.
- Developing and presenting sales proposals to clients.
- Accountable to meet or exceed sales quotas.
- Maintain and build customer rapport by continuous relationship building with a keen eye to increasing our customer base to meet or exceed departmental and personal sales targets.
- Continuous personal improvement as well as furthering and updating job knowledge by participating in external/internal educational (online/in-class) manufacturers training opportunities.
- Enhances the organizations reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to the business, offer input on key areas of improvement or enhancement in areas currently working well or areas to improve upon
- Handle sales calls and walk-in inquiries with tact, diplomacy and professionalism at all times building a lasting and positive business relationship.
- Comply with requirements as outlined in the OHSA, WHMIS company handbook and all other company issued memos and policies including proper use of appropriate PPE. Follow business code of ethics and communicate to team.
- None for this position.
- Must Work independently under minimum supervision
- Reports to the Mack sales manager
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required to successfully perform the job.
Education and/or experience
- Truck sales experience with a degree or certificate in Marketing or Business or equivalent experience. Able to communicate technical information. Computer literate.
- Candidate must be able to travel within Canada and the U.S. to attend training programs related to the position.
- High standard of fluency in English for both oral and written correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply basic to more complex mathematical skills.
- Understanding of vehicle leasing and financing
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Time management and analytical skills required.
Certificate, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Class AZ driver’s license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is required to sit, walk, stoop, lift and bend.
The noise level in the work environment is minor.
Please visit our website for an overview of our Dealership.
- Durham Truck & Equipment Sales & Service offers comprehensive medical/dental benefits after 6 months of continuous full time employment.
- This is a commissioned sales position supported by a base salary while you acclimatize to the position and complete your training.
Durham Truck and Equipment (“DTE”) believes in and promotes the rights of all persons with disabilities as enshrined in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this commitment, DTE will make appropriate accommodations available throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform our Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation