Truck & Coach Mechanic 310T (AJAX & PETERBOROUGH)
Candidate must have a minimum of 3 to 5 years' experience in the Heavy Truck and/or Automotive Service Industry. They must be a high performer, juggle competing demands and be able to work under pressure, as well as bring a high degree of technical expertise to this role. This is a permanent full time position, on a 2-week rotating shift (6am-3pm and 3pm-12am).
- Perform diagnostics tests for routine and complex maintenance procedures
- Determine a course of action for damaged parts and systems
- Ability to communicate succinctly to the job Foreman and/or Service Advisor on repair analysis
- Accurate diagnosis (symptoms, problems and causes)for the work to be performed and obtain approvals for work orders
- Document all ongoing procedures on work orders including diagnostic codes, work to be performed and completed, parts ordered - complete and legible stories.
- Accuracy in recording all stories on work orders to increase service revenues
- Understand and work within job time lines to meet productivity quotas
- Hands-on repair requirements to be followed for all required work to be performed
- Test drive vehicles pre and post repairs for accurate assessments
- Building on "Best in Class" customer service, ensuring all service, repairs and operational aspects of the vehicle when leaving our service department are in excellent working order with potential for additional value added revenues
- Continuous personal improvement and updating job knowledge by participating in external/internal educational (online/in-class) manufacturers training opportunities and trade publications by required deadlines
- Adhere to Health & Safety Policy within the shop environment at all times, includes wearing all prescribed PPE
- 3-5 years' experience in Heavy Equipment/Automotive Service (REQUIRED)
- Standard Ministry of Transportation "G" licence, D-Z licence preferred
- 310T Certification (REQUIRED) or "Out of Country" equivalent licence with the understanding to upgrade to Ontario licensing requirements (310T)
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Work under minimum supervision, and reports to Service Manager
- Physical strength with the ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Dexterity - ability to work in awkward and various positions at times with manual dexterity
- Ability to work in awkward and various positions at time with manual dexterity
- Able to work in a noisy and climate changing environment
- Superior problem solving abilities
- Fluency in English, speaking and written
- Responsible to themselves and to their job in supporting the culture in a positive way. At every interaction, either with internal or external customers we must work to make each experience a rewarding one.
- Encouraging an environment of mutual respect from all its employees as a standard job requirement. We are to nurture growth, team dynamics and cohesiveness, diversity, inclusion, encouragement and cheerleaders for each other and the brands we represent
- Work Skills - Mechanical Skills, Physical Skills, Learning Ability,
Quality Focus, Research Skills, and Job (Brand) Specific Knowledge
- Personality - Results focused, output orientation,
adaptable/flexible, time management, autonomy/self-direction, timeliness
- Interpersonal - Interpersonal communication, customer focus, team orientation, E.Q., ethics, integrity and values
- Leadership - Coaching/developing apprentices, company character, problem-solving, decision-making, and change management
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 905-426-2771 Attn: HR Dept.
No phone calls please.